I use external methods to set properties that are objects for my Dataskins.
I have a Customer Dataskin with a property Address, that is another
Dataskin.  In my editInstance for Customer I change the properties of
Address directly:

<dtml-call "propertysheets.basic.manage_changeProperties(REQUEST=REQUEST)">
<dtml-call
"Address.propertysheets.basic.manage_changeProperties(REQUEST=REQUEST)">

but this results into a keyError afters a couple of edits.  When I get the
Address directly from the Rack it works fine:

  <dtml-let addr="Contacts.addressRack.getItem(id)">
     <dtml-call
"addr.propertysheets.basic.manage_changeProperties(REQUEST=REQUEST)">
  </dtml-let>

Why does the "simple" way of doing not work consistently?  Is this a bug,
maybe?

Roché