[EMAIL PROTECTED] asked:

> I want to change some ZClass properties by getting return results
> from a DTML Method. Something like this: <dtml-call
> "myzclass.propertysheets.get('Basic').manage_changeProperties(dtmlM
> eth(this(),_))">. How do I get the dtmlMeth to return a Mapping?
> (or should I be doing this a different way?)

You *could* return a dictionary from a DTML method:

DTML Method 'return_dict'::

  <dtml-return expr={ 'foo' : 0, 'bar' : 1 }

DTML Method 'show_dict'::

  <dtml-var standard_html_header>
  <h2><dtml-var title_or_id> <dtml-var document_title></h2>

  <dtml-let dict=return_dict>

  </dtml-let>

  <dtml-var standard_html_footer>

....but I can't imaging wanting to.  Try to rearrange your
stuff so that the code generating the mapping can call
'manage_changeProperties()' its own self, or else move
it to PythonScripts/PythonMethods/ExternalMethods/a Product;
you'll be glad you did.

Tres.