Chris Withers wrote:
> Shane Hathaway wrote:
> >
> > BTW, Evan helped me find and correct a bug.  You'll only run into it if
> > you set your partition size to less than the size of the largest ZODB
> > objects.
> That's fixed in 0.0.2, right?

Should be, although I just realized I don't know whether 0.0.2 was
intended for Zope 2.2 or 2.3.

> Well, anyway, I changed the line in as follows:
>     # Use 0.5 GB partitions because that's what fits on a CD.
>     defaultOps = PartitionedFileOperations(
>         DefaultPartitionNamingStrategy(partlen=40000))
>     #    DefaultPartitionNamingStrategy(partlen=2L**29))
> I could try and provoke a split, but, now, when I try to add
> objects, I get:
> Error Type: CorruptedDataError
> Error Value: 41904222L

Ugh.  I have no idea what might have happened.  That's why I'm wary: if
something goes wrong, the symptoms will show up a long time after the
problems occur.

Now BerkeleyStorage is on its way and once that's ready,
PartitionedFileStorage will have such a small audience that it won't be
worth the trouble.  Oh well, it was a fun experiment.