Espen Sorbye Frederiksen writes:
 > I have truble with the permissions (get the message: "Authorization
 > failed. Retry?") when I do the following:
 > <dtml-call expr="existingFolder.manage_addFolder(folder_id)">
 > <dtml-call expr="existingFolder._[folder_id].manage_addFolder('subFolder')">
An FAQ! Anwser found via a search in the searchable list archive
(though it would be a bit difficult).

  An attribute name must never start with "_".
  Though, it has not been your intend, "_" is
  used as an attribute name in "existingFolder._".

  What you should use instead is:

  Keep in mind for the future, that the right
  operand of "." is always a name and never an expression!
  When you want to use an expression, you will
  use "getattr" instead.