Casey Duncan wrote:

> OK, I have developed a new patch that almost completely fixes this
> issue. In fact I am happier with it in general than my first patch.
> There is only one flaw, although you can nest comments inside of one
> another, and you can have any manner of broken dtml inside, if you open
> another comment tag inside it, it must be properly balanced or you will
> get a parse error. Here are some examples:

<examples removed>

> I am a bit concerned that <dtml-comment> should ever generate errors at
> all, but this is certainly an improvement. Anybody have any thoughts?

I'm very happy with the way you describe the patched tag works. I'll try
it out when I return from the EuroZope meeting in Amsterdam.

I don't think it is reasonable to try to catch unbalanced dtml-comment
tags. In fact, I like the fact that it will raise an error if I leave
them unbalanced.

Thanks.

--
Steve Alexander