Hi zopers,

I'm having problems with a product I'm developing.  The product is part of the
ZopeGUM package, the GUM product.  If you have a look in gum.py in that
product, you can see a method named _retrieve_messages, which can at
times store enourmous amounts of objects and data in one transaction.

Now, if I access the GUM instance at the same time as this method is being
called, I may either get a ConflictError raised in the page, or in the
Zope debug output.

I've read all the posts I could find regarding ConflictErrors, and they
mention that careful programming could help in avoiding these exceptions.
I'm assuming that this applies only to whenever two threads are trying
to *modify* the same object; and frankly, I can't see where I'm modifying
any objects, unless modifying one object, an rfc822_message instance in
a message_container instance also somehow modifies the message_container.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks & cheers,

Morten