I've just updated to 2.3.0 release using CVS. My CSS serving has
subsequently broken. The CSS serving worked fine with the CVS code from
2.3.0b2. I didn't get to check b3 - we had a public holiday on Friday and
that meant that the one working day assigned to the b3 release was lost to
me (and _most_ other Australians). Anyway, that's a separate issue ...
I've done a diff against the CVS as of last Tuesday, but I can't see an
obvious place where the Zope code has changed to make the CSS serving fail.
Under Netscape (versions 4.72 -> 4.75), a 'back button' request results in
a truncated plain-text display of the CSS that is linked from the page. The
zope server log shows the request as being successfully served. I telnet'ed
to the server and requested the CSS manually, and the headers all look
fine. A packet sniffer seems to say that all is well.
Now for the fun: this only happens for local requests - someone requesting
the same pages over the ethernet will get them fine. Only Netscape and only
locally. Konqueror locally works fine.
The CSS is being served using the attached class.
Some further experimentation:
1. load the same page five times as follows:
2. starting from either end of those URLs in the browser history, hit the
'forward' button or 'back' button four times to get to the other end.
3. note that the first hit of 'forward' or 'back' (and sometimes other hits
too) the CSS is served as plain text
Of course, embedding the style in the page (a-la the Zope management
interface) gets around this problem, but this is not an option for us.
Again, this was not a problem pre 2.3.0 b3 / release...
Senior Software Developer, Bizar Software (www.bizarsoftware.com.au)