Chris Withers wrote:

> Pablo Bleyer Kocik wrote:
> >
> >     I am running Zope 2.3.0 under Linux in a remote machine. When I
> > try to access Medusa through FTP (port 8021) using Netscape 4.5 under
> > Windows, Zope dies silently. Is this a known issue? How can I trace
> > what is happening to Zope's FTP server causing it to die?
> Stick it in the collector:
> (it's down at the moment :-( )
> cheers,
> Chris

    Yep, I was going to do that. However I wanted to track the bug a

    The problem is not with Netscape; through plain vanilla FTP
utility I
get the same situation. But now comes the nice part: If I login to the
machine and restart Zope then, *without* leaving the shell prompt, the
access works fine. I get the access and success login notices in the
screen. If I logout and I try to login with ftp again, Zope RIPs ;^/

Pablo Bleyer Kocik |
pbleyer            |"Rintrah roars & shakes his fires in the burdend
air; | Hungry clouds swag on the deep"  William Blake