I had this problem in the past and hacked the mysql DA to fix it, then
dicovered to my dismay I was using an out-of-date mysqlDA and it had already
been fixed... Which DA are you using?

>Message: 1
>Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2001 16:30:19 -0800 (PST)
>From: francine broekhove <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: [Zope-dev] LONGing  for normal integers ...
>Hi everyone,
>i've updated my Zope (finaly) and my Python and my Linux (have been bussy).
But, trying to fire up my 'old' applications in Zope, >mostly connected to
MySQL databases, i get an annoying 'L' behind every integer.
>All my indexes are integers. I could rewrite all my dtml to include
_.int(integer) or something, but that seems completely stupid. >Isn't there
a more 'central' way to solve this. F.i. should i adapt some python types?
Does anyone know what is wrong and how to >fix this?