So the only difference between this and FSCounter is that you implemented
the locking I didn't.  To cut a long story short the reason i didnt
implement locking was Python on Windows doesnt have fnctl
(http://velocity.activestate.com/docs/ActivePython/lib/module-fcntl.html),
Perl does though.... If anyone knows of a module to lock and unlock cross
platform I would appreciate it.

Zope by the way locks in /lib/python/ZODB/lock_file.py, but there is no
unlock. Maybe if we added an unlock in here this would provide a global lock
and unlock function.

I released FSPoll recently and was going to combine the two into one
FSCountThing with FSPoll and FSCounter subclassing of it, so maybe we could
co-operate on ThreadSafeCounter and FSCounter?

Cheers.

--
  Andy McKay.