I've got a Zope 2.3 server that's being used as a file server through
webdav.  It seems to work fine and I'm working on extending it through

I've notice some strange behavior in the transactions when trying to
'undo' binary files upload through webdav.  It throws an error and does
not seem to undo anything...

The error is:

Traceback (innermost last):
  File /usr/lib/python1.5/site-packages/ZPublisher/, line 222,
in publish_module
  File /usr/lib/python1.5/site-packages/ZPublisher/, line 187,
in publish
  File /usr/share/zope/lib/python/Zope/, line 221, in
    (Object: test.doc)
  File /usr/lib/python1.5/site-packages/ZPublisher/, line 171,
in publish
  File /usr/lib/python1.5/site-packages/ZPublisher/, line 160, in
    (Object: manage_undo_transactions)
  File /usr/lib/python1.5/site-packages/ZPublisher/, line 112,
in call_object
    (Object: manage_undo_transactions)
  File /usr/share/zope/lib/python/App/, line 175, in
    (Object: test.doc)
  File /usr/share/zope/lib/python/ZODB/, line 571, in undo
  File /usr/share/zope/lib/python/ZODB/, line 831, in undo
    (Object: /var/zope/var/Data.fs)
UndoError: (see above)

There's nothing in here that suggests that the problem lies in the binary
nature of the files, but I don't understand enough about ZODB to grok
what's happening.

I'm planning on moving the storage of these upload files to the filesystem
soon, since I want to keep ZODB small.  Perhaps this would fix the

Thx in advance.

chris maresca
      internet systems architect --

"linux, only up 42 days, because a new electrical circuit was added..."