[Morten W. Petersen]

| It's a problem with Linux, if you want to be able to use databases >
| 2GB in size on Linux, a kernel >= 2.4.0 is required.

Nope.  First, the limit is at file-level, not database-level (mind
you, a problem with the filesystem, not Linux per se).  You can have
tons and tons of files, but noone of those can be over 2GB.  Secondly,
this is only true for the ext2 (and «lesser» filesystems).  ReiserFS
does not have this limitation and I've heard that is supposed to be
shipped «batteries included» come 2.4.1.