One of our developers just spent another annoying morning trying to figure
why his FTP transfers to Zope were sometimes responding with "426 Error
creating file." with no other information being supplied.

I've now added the ability to set the message to be sent back to the FTP
client on FTPResponse. The patch is attached. We'll be using it and I hope
that it, or something similar, makes it into the 2.3.1.

I'd also hope that the standard PUT methods in the Zope source would set
the message to something useful. At the moment, we set the message to the
type and value of any exception raised in the PUT method.

Of course, if there's a "better" way to do this, please tell me.

     Richard

--
Richard Jones
[EMAIL PROTECTED]