On Wed, Feb 21, 2001 at 10:53:54PM +0000, Steve Alexander wrote:
> Julio Maia wrote:
> >
> > This is not going to be handy once the block is composed by a large dtml
> > block. I wonder if dtml-var shouldn't support the syntax I've described
> > above.
> I suggest instead using a PythonScript, and using the DTML class that you
> can import from the Products.PythonScripts.standard module.
> You can use this to render DTML on the fly, as you wish.

I guess it would be better to allow constructs as:

<dtml-var "table('main','col')">
   <dtml-var "font('standard')">Some text</dtml-var>

Where 'table' and 'font' are PythonScripts that return the implicit blocks passed to
them (these blocks may have a default variable name in the expression's namespaces)
enclosed by the correspondent html blocks, with the format ('main, 'standard') mapped
to html attributes/values using some dictionaries. This could help to separate logic
and presentation in dtml code with a minor syntax addition.