> "No" to which question?

No to the question "And is there a way to actuall give access to
restrictedTraverse (or, probably more corretly, to let it traverse)?"

> > what are you getobjecting?  Does it happen only with certain kinds of
> > objects?  Are they ZClass objects or Product-based objects?
>
> It happens with all kinds of objects I have in my index.  All my objects
> in the index are from Python-based products.

Are they all of one type?  unrestrictedTraverse uses the security policy
code to determine user access to an object, which is at this point
(unfortunately) different than the way that publishing traversal security
works.  Can you replicate the behavior across many different kinds of
objects, or is this problem only with a single type of object?