On Sat, 24 Feb 2001 21:44:36 -0500, Christopher Petrilli
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Chris Withers [[EMAIL PROTECTED]] wrote:
>> "Michael R. Bernstein" wrote:
>> >
>> > Hmm. this seems like there ought to be a checkbox next to
>> > the 'Add Index' form field labeled 'index numbers?'. Or
>> > maybe a 'Text and Numbers' index as an additional index
>> > type.
>>
>> I like these ideas :-)
>
>One of the ideas that has been tossed around for almost a year (and
>Jim and I both liked last we discussed it) was "drop-in" indexes.
>These would be individually managed, and you would be able to control
>the splitter more (which is what you're reffering to in this case.  In
>addition, you might even have more detailed control over the searching
>behaviours...
>
>SMOC :-)

If you are interested in a short-term hack, it is possible implement
your own type of index and add it to an existing catalog, without
having to modify any of the ZCatalog product. Ive used that to
implement a variant of KeywordIndex that uses a get_keyword method
(rather than getattr)

Toby Dickenson
[EMAIL PROTECTED]