On 2/27/01 10:59 AM, in article [EMAIL PROTECTED], "Chris Withers"

> Hi,
> I need a product with custom attribute getting code and so looked to the
> BTreeFolder product for inspiration.
> It implements both __getattr__ and _getOb which appear to do roughly the same
> thing.
> What's the difference?
> Shane hints that __getattr__ is slower but allows acquisiton. Why is that?

_getOb and _setOb are for placing subobjects somewhere besides attributes
(which is the default implementation).

_getOb and friends are the default protocol that *SHOULD* be used by systems
that change subobjects (ie - copy and paste).

Jeffrey P Shell, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.digicool.com/ | http://www.zope.org