Thanks, Dieter. You're right, I definitely wouldn't want to use this
solution. I was hoping for something that can be done inside the
product :-(

Dieter Maurer wrote:

>Itai Tavor writes:
>  > ... abbreviated references to sibling subproducts ...
>  > Is there any way to set this up so imports like 'import Utils' and
>  > 'import Module2' would work in Module1? As a bonus, can I also get
>  > __init__.py files in each module directory to be executed?
>You can manipulate (extend) "sys.path" in your (top level)
>"__init__.py" file. Python starts its package/module lookup
>from the elements in "sys.path".
>
>However, I doubt very much, that you should do this!
>You will lose the namespace isolation provided by packages.
>

>Dieter

Itai Tavor                      -- "Je sautille, donc je suis."    --
[EMAIL PROTECTED]            --               - Kermit the Frog --
-- "What he needs now is understanding... and a confederate victory" --
-- Dr. Jacobi, Twin Peaks         --