Hello!

I am trying to understand how z2.py and enviroments variables work, so that I can have
complete control of how I start Zope. I-am-not-a-Python-programmer-yet, so I apologise
in advance if the question is a stupid one.

Given the possibility to use INSTANCE_HOME etc, can I override most of the uppercase
variables defined in z2.py by setting and exporting them in my /bin/sh script or are
the only "overridable" variables the ones defined and used in

   lib/python/App/FindHomes.py?

My guess would be the ones in FindHomes.py, as calls like

  try: home=os.environ['SOFTWARE_HOME']

seems to have something to do with it :-)

I just need to make sure which one is the case.

Thanks.

/dario

Dario Lopez-Kästen     Systems Developer  Chalmers Univ. of Technology
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  ICQ will yield no hits    IT Systems & Services