andrew fabbro [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I'm pulling out my hair trying to get Zope working on OpenBSD 2.8.  I

I'll repeat my original post, and the 2.7 libc can be found at (not indefinitely, though)

I hope the file is OK, I have a shitty connection at the moment, and I
haven't got the time to verify it right now.

For those of you wishing to run Zope on OpenBSD 2.8, here is a solution. The
reason Zope doesn't work in the first place is a thread bug in the OpenBSD
release version. The solution is to use the libc_r from OpenBSD 2.7 for the
Zope instance.

Thanks to Jason Ish for the howto, I thought I would rewrite it to be more
generic and post it to the lists.

So, here we go:

Python on OpenBSD 2.8 uses /usr/lib/ is from 2.8, is from 2.7 and will work.

So what we do is to copy the old libc file (if you don't have it, mail me
and I'll send it to you) into a directory in the Zope install dir, and add
that to the path. Then we rename the old file so the system thinks it is the
curent version.

In this example, I assume your Zope install is in /usr/local/zope.

First, we copy the old library into our Zope dir, and rename it:

cp /usr/lib/ /usr/local/zope/

Then you should add something like this to the top of your "start" script:

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/zope

Start Zope, and you will find that it works fine now. Zope also works fine
in the CURRENT tree of OpenBSD, so presumably it will work out-of-the-box on
OpenBSD 2.9. This is the safest way of getting it to work at the moment.

Happy OpenBSD'ing :)

-- Alexander Limi