> > How would this effect the page cooking and template cache?
> Cooking isn't affected.  You would naturally want to make your cache
> sensitive to the same REQUEST parameters as the switching script.

Hm. ok.

> > PS. Page Templates are great but I have yet to figure out
> > how to use them with the "Content is folderish" pattern.
>
> You can acquire a template into a content folder, then use "here/" paths to
> access bits of content.  Is that the sort of thing you mean?

You mean like having a "global" index_html template and
tal:content="here/my_content" to get the content?
That would probably work.

Now comes the tricky thing, case I want to render with the tal tags
intact. I just tested that and they are intact after render. Jippi!

The next step I want to do is to save the template back to Zope
and extract some of the tal:content tags and save them back to
my_content.

I noticed that I can access the macros of a METAL template
after its been cooked (or used anyway).
Is there anyway to parse a TAL template to extract part form it,
preferably from Python?

TIA/Johan

PS. All this is for my IEMethod product which would benefit
enormously from TAL