> I don't know, but I feel that is the case.  Actually, I know it is the
> case, but I don't know what is causing it.  I know what isn't helping
> though; CatalogAwareness.  I added 2000 objects with XML-RPC.  No other
> queries were done during that period.  For each object about 70 DTML
> Method/Documents were added.  The first couple of hundres went with a pace
> of 2-3 seconds per object.  After that it started to get real slow, and
> when I reached about 500 I was down to 5 seconds per object.  I killed
> that script, rewrote it to only add 20-25 DTML Methods/Documents and
> removed the CatalogAwareness and whoosh!  Under 1 second for each object
> and it stayed like that for the entire 2000 objects.

Hear, hear. The cost of the incremental cataloguing is horrific. One of our
developers when we started with Zope a year ago wrote a great script that
imported a bunch, restarted zope, packed it, restarted it, imported a bunch
more to get optimal performance. We dont do it like that any more ;)

  Andy McKay

Zope-Dev maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
**  No cross posts or HTML encoding!  **
(Related lists - 
 http://lists.zope.org/mailman/listinfo/zope )

Reply via email to