Hi Everybody

We are porting a desktop application to Zope using Interbase and ZPatterns.
In this application objects like Vintage, Farm, Vineyard, Block and Panel
form a hierarchy and are displayed with the Zope tree widget.  To build the
hierarchy we use a method called getChildrenFor() on each level to retrieve
the children for the object at hand.  Behind getChildrenFor() lies a ZSQL
Method on their respective racks to retrieve the result set.

Building the tree leads to a whole bunch of queries to the database that
really slows thing down ie. besides the queries that retrieve children,
select queries to retrieve individual instances is called by getItem through
SkinScript for each item in the tree.

I haven't been able to figure out a way to get some performance back without
talking to the database directly through ZSQL Methods but this defies the
whole point of using ZPatterns.

Some guidance/pointers would really be appreciated.