> Unfortunately, it still sometimes hangs on certain instances :-S
> No error, no crash, just stops doing what it's doing (and Zope drops right
> 'top' IUKWIM)
> Playing with this, I noticed that Zope doesn't stop processing a request
if the
> browser goes away. Is that a bad thing? I would have thought so if you
> inadvertantly set an expensive method off (like recataloging several big
> catalogs all in one go ;-) and then want to back out...

This is due to the relationship between ZServer and the publisher.
Sometimes it can be a bad thing... especially when there's an expensive
method that folks fire off that takes a long time.. nothing comes back to
their browser, so they press stop and hit the page again... etc. etc.  So
you have a number of threads hung.

Sometimes it can be a good thing, however, such as when you want to go to
Slashdot after you fire off a 'pack'.  ;-)