Shane Hathaway <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:
>That's one reason ZODB is so nice.  You can write an application without
>writing a formal schema.
One of the reasons I am seriously considering to migrate our production
database from PostgreSQL to ZODB. I am about to implement our product
database, and it is just too darn complex to bother maintaining SQL tables for

>Actually OracleStorage and bsddbstorage, recently released, are designed
>to address concerns about performance and reliability, and they do an
>excellent job at it.  And I consider ZODB as "real" an OODB as anything
>else.  (In some ways it's the best out there IMHO.)
I heard that OracleStorage was quite a bit slower? And from what I've seen
from FileStorage, it's a basic transaction log - what can be more reliable
than that?

Are people using ZODB for non-Zope data? I'd be very interested to discuss
things like emulating extents, patterns for indexing, etcetera...