jens,

thanks for your reply. It helped me a lot.

Do you have me a tip how I can get all Z SQL Methods in an selection field.
I've found the superValues('Z SQL Method') function, but I'm having problems
using it, because it can only be used in python.

So how can I get the result returned from this function in my dtml form?

thanx in advance

florian

On Sun, May 13, 2001 at 09:57:42AM -0400, Jens Vagelpohl wrote:
> florian,
>
> without even looking at the code, when you use simple data types (lists,
> dictionaries, etc) to store your data you have to make sure that the
> persistence machinery gets tickled the right way whenever you update values.
> with those simple storage datatypes it won't know things have changed unless
> you specifically tell it.
>
> you would need to do either something like this::
>
>   self.my_storage_dictionary['newvalue'] = x
>   self._p_changed = 1
>
> or you could do it like this:
>
>   dictionary = self.my_storage_dictionary
>   dictionary['newvalue'] = x
>   self.my_storage_dictionary = dictionary
>
> or you could simply use one of the helper classes that come with zope, like
> "PersistentMapping". it emulates a dictionary and makes sure the persistence
> machinery gets told about changes.
>
> jens
>

> On 5/12/01 10:27, "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > I've started to program a pivot table.
> >
> > Therefore I've created three classes:
> >
> > ZPivotTable, Row and Cell.
> >
> > The ZPivotTable class contains a set of Row classes, stored in a dictionary,
> > as well as the Row classes contain a set of Cell classes stored in a
> > dictionary.
> >
> > Now I am debugging the product and can't find the reason why the table doesn't
> > store the rows in its dictionary.
> >
> > Could you please help me finding this bug.
> >
> > The source is stored under the following address:
> > http://www.zope.org/Members/freiser/ZPivotTable/ZPivotTable-0.0.tar.gz
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Florian Reiser

| Florian Reiser                        PGP-Key:0x5368CF3F            |
| PGP-Fingerprint: 84C7 24BC F3A4 487F CBC7  692C 05DB 6E11 5368 CF3F |

PGP signature