"R. David Murray " <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote
> On Thu, 17 May 2001, Casey Duncan wrote:
>> You should create an instance method (It will need to be a Python
>> script, DTML methods cannot be indexed)to return the result of the value
> To my understanding, this is not true.  DTML Methods *can* be indexed,
> they just can't make use of REQUEST in whatever processing they do.
> However, I can't think of a good reason to use a DTML Method as a
> Catalog index.

The catalog doesn't do any of ZPublisher's "argument sniffing";
if the attribute corresponding to the index is callable, it calls
it with no arguments.

DTMLMethods *must* be called with at least the client and namespace
arguments;  they therefore cannot be the target of an '_apply_index' call.