At 08:26 PM 5/23/2001 -0400, Jeremy Hylton wrote:
>Since a single Python process has a single global interpreter lock,
>you'll never fully utilize a 2-processor machine.

I may be merely demonstrating ignorance, but --

If you, say, launched two separate Zope processes, and one ZEO process, on
the same machine, aren't you going to be running 3 different Python
interpreters, each in it's own process?

Couldn't you then be utilizing up to three processors on an SMP box?

I agree that threads within a particular Python interpreter are not really
going to gain anything because of the global interpreter lock, but isn't
that a moot point with separate Python interpreter processes?

Or does the TCP/IP stack cause problems?