Coincidently, I was just trying to edit a file on the filesystem with an FTP
client going thru Zope/FTP and a LocalFS. It didn't work. The LocalFS
instance didn't look like a directory to FTP so FTP could neither read nor
write to the directory.

Does that throw a monkey wrench into your idea?

-- Loren