> Coincidently, I was just trying to edit a file on the filesystem with an
FTP
> client going thru Zope/FTP and a LocalFS. It didn't work. The LocalFS
> instance didn't look like a directory to FTP so FTP could neither read nor
> write to the directory.
>
> Does that throw a monkey wrench into your idea?

No, not really. LocalFS was just an example. The only important thing is
that I can edit something, post it over the web (either from a weg form or
using FTP, WebDAV etc.) and then store it to the filesystem instead of the
ZODB.

BTW LocalFS works fine over the web frontend, and FTP over Zope over LocalFS
is not really necessary in most cases, as you can go directly to the
filesystem with plain FTP anyway. But LocalFS should be fixable to work over
FTP, I think.

Joachim