"Joachim Werner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> This does worry me.  I think I understand at least one motivation (ZEO),
>> but...
>>
>> Well, as long as it doesn't compromise my ability to write Zope python
>> code using filesystem tools, it should be OK.  It just makes me nervous <grin>.

We want to give th programmer the freedom to use comfortable tools, while
still preserving the "distributability" of having the objects in the ZODB
(replicating filesystem-based code is a hairy problem).

> I guess the crucial point is that everything should be editable from BOTH
> the filesystem (or a mountable Zope storage ;-)) and the web front end.
>
> Actually our motivation is a bit different from the one at DC. They mainly
> see the programmer as the target. For us, it's the power user, who wants to
> creat new objects, but only within a limited framework. For adding
> completely new functionality, these people would rely on professional help.
> But adding a new attribute to an object or changing a form should all be
> possible over the web.

We see FTP and especially WebDAV as the "best fit" technoligies for the
"content owners";  we spent a good deal of effoert on cleaning up FTP/WebDAV
for yesterday's CMF release, for instance.

Tres.