On Fri, 1 Jun 2001, Ng Pheng Siong wrote:
> > Actually I have wondered something about that... Why does it always show
> > up as linux2 even when not on linux?  I'm on FreeBSD using a compiled from
> > source python and Zope and it still shows up as Linux.
>
> lib/python/version.txt
>
> Just edit it.

This smells like a bug to me.  If the software is compiled from
source, I expect it to tell me what system/software it was
*actually* compiled with, and in the case of python *actually*
running on, not some string hardcoded into a text file.  If
the string is not dynamically generated, I'd rather it not
lie; ie: it should just give the Zope version.

--RDM