On Tue, 05 Jun 2001 15:56:45 -0400, Chris McDonough
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>context = self
>container = self.aq_inner.aq_parent

No amount of aquisition trickery will give a method access to the dtml
context, which I *think* is what was asked for.....

>> the only thing i found was this:
>> http://www.zope.org/Members/htrd/howto/FunctionTemplate
>> but it seems very complicated in argument passing

Like DTMLMethods, all arguments get passed in the 'context'.

>> am i the only one who needs this, or is it a sign for wrong coding practice
>> in zope?

Context-based programming is usually wrong, but not always. If you
explain what you are trying to achieve then we may be able to point
out a better alternative.

(some early drafts of the Zope book encouraged context-based
programing in scenarious where it was quite dangerous; Im not sure if
this is currently true)

Toby Dickenson
[EMAIL PROTECTED]