On Fri, 22 Jun 2001, Joachim Werner wrote:

> > Tomorrow I hope to release a version of TransparentFolders that works
> > around the problem, so you can wait for that instead if you like.
> Cool! Could you maybe put the patch that currently is applied in
> OFS/__init.py__ into a Hotfix? This would make it easier to use Transparent
> Folders together with INSTANCE_HOME installations where people just symlink
> to the product folders ...

No.  The patch has to be invoked before product initilization because
ExtensionClass won't acknowledge the __getattr__() if it's added to
ObjectManager too late.

You can just put the patch in your SOFTWARE_HOME, though, and instances
that don't have the product installed won't complain and won't have the
performance hit.

> > I'm glad to know the product is being used.  I don't think it will be in
> > the core distribution since it causes a performance hit.
> We know about the performance hit. But is it a big one?

I can't say.  I haven't done any measurements.