Hi Shane,

You wrote:
> According to management, there's a zope-license list somewhere and we
> expect to move to a GPL compatible license.

Good news!  When you get a chance, can you post the name of the
zope-license list to zope-dev?  I think there a few developers who are
interested in licensing issues.

> Paul says:
>
> "I think the goal should be for Zope and Python to converge on the same
> license, with perhaps the new license being some off-the-shelf license
> like Apache's."

I'm glad to hear this.  IMHO, GPL would be an even better off-the-shelf
license than Apache.  The Free Software Foundation (who really care
about these sorts of things, and who do a lot of evangelizing for the
cause) analyzes the plethora of "open source" licenses at
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/license-list.html.

The choice of license will make Digital Creation's business strategy
more transparent.  Choosing an Apache license instead of the GPL
establishes a different relationship with the development and user
community, with major implications for the long-term fate of Python and
Zope.

But in any case, I think that licensing Python and Zope under the same
off-the-shelf license is a good idea.
--
Fred Wilson Horch                       mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Executive Director, EcoAccess           http://ecoaccess.org/