Use the __init__.py of a package inside the Products directory to do
something at startup (e.g. Products/ZCatalog/__init__.py).

Use Python's sys.exitfunc to hook a shutdown.

"Paulo M. Goncalves" wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> Just one question (maybe a newbie question):
>
> After a Zope restart I want to invoke a method from an object instance.
> Is there a such mechanism builtin in the Zope startup? Or in a more wide
> perspective, how could an object instance be notified of a Zope restart?
>
> Thanks,
> Paulo

>  Paulo Marques Goncalves          CDFtel, Lda
>  Ph. No:  +351.22.3389843         Rua Goncalo Cristovao, 347 - Sala 205
>  FAX No:  +351.22.3389845         4000-270 PORTO
>  E-mail:  mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]    Portugal

Chris McDonough                         Digital Creations, Inc.
Publishers of Zope                        http://www.zope.org

""" Killing hundreds of birds with thousands of stones """