On 12 Jul 2001 15:20:16 +0200, Paul Zwarts wrote:
> I've had this problem as well, although I changed from ZPopPy to
> psycopg0.99.4 which solved the problem. What I found in REdhat Linux 7.1,
> where the ps -ef command now queries more info from its children, I finally
> saw the status of my dbms threads. The Zope hanging maybe wasnt zope
> directly. It still translated requests BUT I saw in ps -ef:
>
> postgresql db01 UPDATE waiting.....
>
> This is where the hang is. Several emails from Dieter just confused me more.
> Something about Zope not having imlicit commits on transactions, so you had
> to make sure a <dtml-call transaction().commit()> was placed somehwere. This
> seemed to solve some problems at the time for me although I got alot of :
>
> Warning: COMMIT, No transacion in progress

never, never, never do that with psycopg. psycopg cooperates with zope
(that *does* commit on transactions) and has real transaction control.
with zope+psycopg you'll get a commit (or abort) just at the end of the
requested page.

ciao,
federico

--
Federico Di Gregorio
MIXAD LIVE Chief of Research & Technology              [EMAIL PROTECTED]