On Wed, 24 Oct 2001, Nicola Larosa wrote:
> OK, so nobody cares. Anyway, the BugCollector is down, what is a poor guy to
> do to get the fix in?
> Of course, if it is a very stupid thing to do, I would really like to know. :^)

Well, I like the idea personally, but let me play devil's advocate here
for a minute.  Suppose there are platforms where those extra couple
of digits are not valid.  Suppose further that the common paradigm of
using str(int(DateTime())) as a "unique id" is employed.  Now suppose you
move that code from a Unix platform to some platform that doesn't
supply the extra digits.  Suddenly your code that used to provide
uniqueness down to a fairly tight hit interval is much more

Is this a real concern?  I don't really think so.  But it's the
only objection I can think of <grin>.