From: "Terry Kerr" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Is there any particular reason that a Text Index will index an object by
> acquiring the value to index?  Shouldn't it not index at all if the
> value doesn't exist on the object?

If the value is aquired, then it means that this object has that value,
aquired. I find it logical that the indexing will behave like that too, and
I'm pretty sure I have used it in some application.

> I believe KeyWord Indexes have the same problem

Why is it a problem? It sounds like a feature to me. :-)
If you have an attribute that you don't want to be aquired, I guess you have
to make a computed attribute out of it.