I'm having the same problem described in:

http://lists.zope.org/pipermail/zope-dev/1999-November/002427.html

My class inherits from a few base classes including CatalogAware as a mixin;
I'm trying to override a method in my core API superclass (which uses
MySQLdb, and thus mx-DateTime), with a similar method that is compatible
with Zope's DateTime; I got a TypeError that I think is due to
ExtensionClass when trying to call the superclasses method, even with an
instance of the subclass passed as the first variable.  Since this didn't
work, I ended up having to create a temporary instance of the superclass and
inside a method of the subclass - not entirely graceful, but it works.

Is there a more graceful way to get around this? (I'm using Zope
2.3.3/Python 1.5.2 at the moment).

Sean

Sean Upton
Senior Programmer/Analyst