From: "Joachim Schmitz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Andreas Jung" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: "zope-list" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "zope-dev" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, November 26, 2001 13:39
Subject: Re: [Zope] WebDAV/Word readonly problem resolved

Hallo Andreas,

I downloaded and installed the new DTMLMethod.py, but no change in behavior,
did you test it ?

I looked at the networkdump, and still no Etag in the HTTPResponse :-(

On Mon, 26 Nov 2001, Andreas Jung wrote:

> The long outstanding problem that WinWord treated a .html file as
> read-only when it has been opened through WebDAV/webfolder is finally
> resolved. Joachim Schmitz gave the hint that WinWord depends on the
> HTTP ETAG header that Zope usually did not send. This behaviour is odd
> because HTTP 1.1 does not require that a server sends this header.
>
> The CVS trunk and Zope-2_4-branch contain a modified version of
> lib/python/OFS/DTMLMethod.py that solves that problem.
>
> Andreas

>    -    Andreas Jung                            Zope Corporation       -
>   -   EMail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]                http://www.zope.com      -
>  -  "Python Powered"                       http://www.python.org     -
>   -   "Makers of Zope"                       http://www.zope.org      -
>    -                  "Life is a fulltime occupation"                  -

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Joachim Schmitz

AixtraWare, Ing. Büro für Internetanwendungen
Hüsgenstr. 33a, D-52457 Aldenhoven
Telefon: +49-2464-8851, FAX: +49-2464-905163