Andreas Jung wrote:

> Storage of indexed data is one aspect but there is also need for components
> like
> lexers, stemmers, splitters etc. Oracle Intermedia as an example has a very
> flexible
> architecture to handle these components (for all that Oracle Intermedia
> sucks).

Hmmm... hopefully that isn't _why_ it sucks ;-)

> It would be also interesting to catalog structured documents (e.g. XML) to
> be able to
> specifies queries that involve structural informations.

Yup, although right now I'm specifically interested in giving python and zope an easy
to use indexing engine that does
full text properly and scales well. The other problems appear to be somewhat easier to
solve...

> Such a project is not trivial and can not be handled by one person but
> requires several
> volunteers ;-)

If you're making an assumption about the way I'm working there, you may be mistaken ;-)

Chris