Having an exists function would be great.  I was trying to do the same
using CatalogQuery, but I found no way to check for Missing.Value, which
is the repr() of what's in the catalog's metadata field for objects that
don't have that attribute/function.  I also ran into problems doing more
complex or'ing and and'ing, and I assume we'll have better luck with
ZOQLMethod for that.

I just tried out ZOQLMethod as well.  Couldn't get it to work, but it
looks like really solid craftsmanship.  I like the user-friendly way of
selecting base object and the complete syntax. :)  Some questions:

1. I couldn't get any query to work.  I keep getting

        exceptions.TypeError
        argument 2 to map() must be a sequence object

Here's an example query that I've tried

        SELECT id
          WHERE title == ''
          RECURSIVE;

2. Is the ZCatalog searching implemented?  How do I activate it?

3. Do you have any plans to implement JOIN?

The exists function would be very cool.

Keep up the great work.  Hope this helps flush out some features :)

Bye,
--
Bjorn

[...]