Donovan> ZServer grew out of Medusa.... I'm not sure how tightly tied to
    Donovan> Zope it is....

Not tightly at all.  I use it completely independent of Zope.

    Donovan> My problem with Medusa is its http and ftp servers assume that
    Donovan> the VFS can deliver files wrapped in producers without
    Donovan> blocking.

I believe Sam Rushing has said all along that Medusa is intended for
I/O-bound situations.  If you have producers that are computationally bound
or that do I/O outside of the Medusa framework, you'll suffer.

Skip Montanaro ([EMAIL PROTECTED])