Jim Fulton wrote:

> Chris Withers wrote:
>>Toby Dickenson wrote:
>>>FileStorage is 'damn fast', so almost anything is going to be slower.
>>Indeed, until it runs out of RAM for its indexes ;-)
> I wish you would finish testing the change I made for you.
> It should reduce the memory consumption by an order of magnitude.
> I took an afternoon out of a rather busy schedule to put this
> together for you.

As I currently run 30-60 storage servers on a machine, I would be very
interested in testing out such a patch, if you'd be willing to send it

ethan mindlace fremen  |  iMeme - The most full featured Zope Host
http://mindlace.net    |  Root, ZEO, MySQL, Mailman, Unlimited Domains
iMeme Partner          |  http://iMeme.net
"It is our desire to remain what we are that limits us. -- Project 2501"