Both in 2.4.3 and 2.5.0 b1, the scrollbar seems to be off the end of the
page and the "Wider" and "Narrower" buttons don't work.  For example, in
2.5.0 b1, editing http://localhost/index_html in the browser seems to work
fine but the http://localhost/ doesn't.

I'm using IE 6.0 but I believe I had this same problem with IE 5.5.

Netscape 4.08 seems to work.

Mozilla 0.9.5 kind of works meaning that at least the scrollbar is not off
the page but the "Wider" and "Narrower" buttons don't work.

Opera 6.0 works as well as Netscape 4.08 except I did notice it doesn't like
it when you change the default preferences, i.e. no CSS, no top bar.