Oh, ok, sorry for the misreport.  It sounds then as if we need to fix
whatever is causing the memory corruption that GC trips over.  I dont
know that we have a real good handle on what this is.

Note that in the meantime, folks who turn off gc in order to work
around the issue who are having leakage problems should probably
consider the use of AutoLance, a product that will restart your Zope
if memory consumption is too high:
http://www.zope.org/Members/mcdonc/Products/AutoLance .  It currently
only works on Linux.