Hi all,

As probably you already know, the last week there was a sprint
in Fredericksburg to put internationalization support in Zope 3.
A summary of the sprint can be found in:

http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ComponentArchitecture/Feb2002InternationalizationSprint

To coordinate this effort a new wiki page has been created:

http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ComponentArchitecture/Zope3Internationalization

Besides the wiki the mailing lists will be used for discussion.
Specifically the mailing lists "zip" and "zope3-dev" seem to be
the ones that better fit.

The effort is going to be splitted in several subprojects (text
encoding, language negotiation, page templates extensions, etc..).

The sprinters are working on the specific proposals for every
topic, as they're ready they'll be put on the wiki and announced
in the mailing lists.

There's already a proposal to address the text encoding, Andreas
Jung will coordinate this subproject (at least at the beginning),
the proposal is at:

http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ComponentArchitecture/UnicodeOrUTF8

Please, add your comments to the wiki.

There're also a couple of proposals to extend ZPT:

http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ComponentArchitecture/ZPTInternationalizationSupport

http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ComponentArchitecture/ZPTi18nAlternative

Please use the wikis to comment on each specific proposal, and/or
write your own. I think the "zpt" mailing list will be the best
one to discuss this topic.

We want more people to get involved in this effort. If you want
to help in the implementation or coordination of any topic send
me an email and I'll help you as much as posible.

At the first stages I'll coordinate the discussions and help
people that wants to lead any subproject, until each one has
somebody that takes care of it.

Cheers.