From: "Brian Oliver" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2002 8:19 PM
Subject: Re: [Zope-dev] aq_parent not available in __setattr__

Yep... Certainly isn't.

Aquisition isn't available for either __getattr__ or __setattr__.

So the fundamental question remains...

How does one receive a callback/create a hook that is called when an
attribute is changed, especially changed via the default property editor for
Zope objects (such that aquisition still works)?

If this type of feature isn't already planned for Zope 3 (I'll take a look
and get active), I'm sure it should be.  My suggestion would be to provide
Java Beans like get and set methods for all properties, so custom handlers
could easily be created.

-- Brian