Yo dudes,
I have problems with dependencies on Zope 2.4.3:

If I try to import OFS.SimpleItem directly, I get following problem.

>>> from OFS import SimpleItem
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
  File "D:\ZopeDevel\lib\python\OFS\SimpleItem.py", line 95, in ?
    import re, sys, Globals, App.Management, Acquisition, App.Undo
  File "D:\ZopeDevel\lib\python\Globals.py", line 90, in ?
    import Acquisition, ComputedAttribute, App.PersistentExtra, os
  File "D:\ZopeDevel\lib\python\App\PersistentExtra.py", line 87, in ?
    from Persistence import Persistent
ImportError: cannot import name Persistent

If you do 'import Zope' first, you don't have this problem.

But I can't do that because I use my SimpleItem in a process other than
the zope server. and then I get problems with the lock on the Zope
database. I just want to construct a SimpleItem, and store it somewhere
else than the database that the zope server uses....

Anyone any ideas on this?

TIA,

Sloot.